You are invited to the table!
We provide the dinner; you provide the conversation.
Wednesday, June 28 from 6 to 8 pm at Howard County Community College
*Please note: Due to a conflict, the date has changed to Wednesday, June 28.
The first of its kind in the state, The Longest Table is an idea to build new relationships and talk about the future of our community. Share a meal and conversation with someone you don’t know*, exchange stories about life in Howard County, and discover both common ground and new ideas. The dialogue starts when you come to the table.
The Longest Table takes place outdoors, in Lots B and C at Howard Community College.
In the event of rain, the event will be moved into HCC’s Cafe on the Quad.
TICKETS available at https://thelongesttablemd.eventbrite.com.
- Adults: $15
- High school and college students: $10
We are seeking people to be “table hosts” and facilitate conversations. If you are interested, please purchase your ticket then complete this form: https://goo.gl/forms/WgRAYxogObraRUAL2.
- Chicken Fettuccini (available without chicken)
- Gourmet breads
- Assorted desserts
- If you have dietary restrictions, you are welcome to bring your own food; however, ticket required for everyone at the table.
Thanks to our generous SPONSORS:
- Downtown Columbia Arts and Culture Commission
- Institute of Museum and Library Services
- Columbia 50th Birthday Celebration
- Friends of Howard County Library System
- United Way of Central Maryland
- Columbia Association
- Howard Community College
- La Prima Catering
- Roving Radish
- Seasons 52
Presented in partnership with Howard Community College, Howard County Chamber of Commerce, Howard County Economic Development Authority, Howard County Library System, Howard Hughes Corporation, Leadership Howard County, and #OneHoward.
Promotional partners include Columbia Association and Downtown Columbia Partnership.
*To enhance the experience of getting to know different people, guests will not be seated with their companions.