Annually, the Howard County Public School System, Columbia Association Art Center, and Howard County Library System coordinate a competitive poster and video contest among K-12 students focused on a civility theme. Congratulations to the following winners!
- Civility Poster 2012-2013 – Created by Annie Ryan, 7th grader, Ellicott Mills Middle School
- Civility Poster 2011-2012 – Created by Jinyu Huang, 6th grader, Ellicott Mills Middle School
- Civility Poster 2010-2011 – Created by Julie Wang, 5th grader, Centennial Elementary School
- Civility Poster 2008-2009 – Created by Rose Cho, 7th Grader, Clarksville Middle School
- Civility Poster 2007-2008 – Created by Laura Celtnieks, 7th Grader, Oakland Mills Middle School
- Civility Poster 2006-2007 – Created by Sydney Thomas, 1st Grader, Laurel Woods Elementary School