A community-wide support structure guides Choose Civility, involving a lead organization, Board of Advisors, committees and partner organizations:
- Lead Organization– Howard County Library System (HCLS) provides leadership and direction for the initiative as well as in-kind support for project and communications management, partnerships and fundraising.
- Board of Advisors– A group of 15 to 20 individuals representing diverse segments of the community guides the visionary, strategic and goal oriented aspects of the initiative. List of Board of Advisors.
- Committees– A structure of working committees guide, develop, and support the initiative in the areas of marketing, events, and workplaces. Get Involved.
- Alliance Partners– Alliance Partners include businesses, organizations, government departments, faith-based organizations, and education institutions that actively promote and guide the initiative. They also incorporate Choose Civility into the culture and programs of their own organizations. No fee required for participation.
Alliance Partner Criteria
List of current Alliance Partners
- Advocates– Advocates are comprised of individuals or organizations that wish to be involved and embrace the goodwill and principles of Choose Civility. No fee required for participation.
List of current Advocates
- Sponsors– Sponsors are vital to the initiative’s success and include businesses, organizations, and individuals that provide financial and/or in-kind support of value. List of Sponsors. Get Involved
- Choose Civility Workplace– This program includes businesses, organizations, government departments, faith-based organizations, and education institutions that embrace Choose Civility by committing to incorporate the Principles of Civility into their organization’s culture, operations and performance model in such a way as to direct and transform the behavior of employees, members, stakeholders, customers, and business associates.
- Media Sponsors– Media sponsors provide in-kind media, news and promotional support.
List of Media Sponsors