Choose Civility is an ongoing community-wide initiative, led by Howard County Library System, to position Howard County, Maryland as a model of civility. The initiative intends to enhance respect, empathy, consideration and tolerance in Howard County and with all those that we reach. We invite all within our community, as well as other communities around the nation, to participate.
Because little things we do during the day can make our community stronger and can inspire others to pay those kindnesses forward, this year’s Civility theme is Kindness Creates Community.
How can you be involved?
- Participate as a Reader in The Human Library
- Download this month’s Random Acts of Civility calendar then share on social media with #choose2Bkind
- Participate in Columbia Dialogues
- Pass It On
- Create a poster or video for the Kindness Creates Community Poster and Video Contest
- Borrow a title from one of our Choose Civility booklists or from the Unity. Kindness. Peace. booklist
- More ideas
Click on the sliders above for details. #choose2Bkind